FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So I was at my LFS yesterday, and I say a Bonsai Tree in the hardscape section. And guess how much it cost?..... $70+80 USD!!! That is ridiculous. Who knew someone would pay that much....for a dead tree. ???https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q6WV761/?tag=ff0d01-20

I just don’t get it! I mean I know it looks so cool, but it is so expensive!! Do any of you have a Bonsai Tree? And is it worth it? :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bonsai trees are living and green. It takes much skill to raise and shape them. Thus, the price. If it was dead are you sure you weren’t looking at driftwood?

I just saw your link. That one is driftwood. I still imagine it’s due to the cultivating and shaping of the wood. Is it worth it? I guess that depends on your need and budget. If I had a big tank with a specific theme that I was creating and that fit the bill then I would probably buy it. I wouldn’t spend the money on it if I was just looking for driftwood.

That’s what I meant, sorry for the misunderstanding! ;)

I was looking at a dead one, as driftwood. :)

Oh and if you are interested the stuff sold as spider wood is actually azalea root. Just be aware that it is a soft wood though but can be used for interesting creations.

45E50768-3ABA-4708-9E9A-F7557E1AB24D.jpeg
I have 2 driftwood trees that I’ve done that to. I probably spent about $30/each on them.

Where do you fin 2 pieces of nice driftwood for $30!?! ????

No, $30/each.
:eek: Glad I don't live there. Unless you want the stuff with a tag from one of the big brand names my LFS sells it by the kg. You just go in, choose some nice pieces and they weigh it. It was a while ago but I'm pretty sure on my last excursion I got 6 or 8 kgs for the equivalent of $30.

:eek: Glad I don't live there. Unless you want the stuff with a tag from one of the big brand names my LFS sells it by the kg. You just go in, choose some nice pieces and they weigh it. It was a while ago but I'm pretty sure on my last excursion I got 6 or 8 kgs for the equivalent of $30.
We can get driftwood for less but the larger trees are more. These already have the granite drilled and screwed to the base too. I also get credit for the goldfish fry I bring in so some of it is free to me.

At my LFS, they just have a huge shelf of driftwood, and then have them all priced. :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back