Bonsai Help Needed?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a bonsai that I cought last summer. It seemed to be doing ok but all its leaves have gone now. Is this simply as its winter? should I keep watering. I have addedsome tank water every other week

I'm just concerned I have a dead bonsai
010-39.jpg

011-42.jpg

Simon

Hey simon not sure on the species as the leaves are a bit well...... lol

to see if its alive get your finger nail and scratch of a thin sliver of bark if the cambiums green your sound if brown its a gonna mate most probs

regards :)

cheers Scott

daft question but do they shed their leaves in winter like normal trees?

It's not a daft question :)

Yes, they do shed their leaves in winter (well, the deciduous ones do anyway!); they really are 'normal' trees; they're just stunted by being kept in pots.

That's why they shouldn't be kept indoors for any length of time (I see yours is outside :good: )

Hopefully yours will come back to life when spring gets here.

It's not a daft question :)

Yes, they do shed their leaves in winter (well, the deciduous ones do anyway!); they really are 'normal' trees; they're just stunted by being kept in pots.

That's why they shouldn't be kept indoors for any length of time (I see yours is outside :good: )

Hopefully yours will come back to life when spring gets here.

its actually indoors for the time being brought it in about 3 weeks ago. should I put it back there? its in the garage above my fish tank

As long as it's cool it will be ok; you just don't want to keep it inside where there's heating for more than a few days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back