Tank size: 200 ltre
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 10
kH: ??
gH: ??
tank temp: 80

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): noticed he is hanging at the top of the tank for the last couple of days. I have thought that he has more slime on his body. does still swim around but not as active. still eating but not keen on flake but loves blood worm or any frozen foods. Noticed one eye seems to have clouded over.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 200 ltre 20-30% per week sometimes more if Nitrate is high

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: only de clor

Tank inhabitants: 6 black widow tetra, 2 honey gornamis, 1 angel fish, 4 bronze corys, 4 Harlequins 2 Dwarf Gornamis

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): 2 dwarf gornami

Exposure to chemicals: None

Your nitrate not high.

Cloudy eye is a symtom of a desease not a desease in its own right.
Causes.
Bad water quality, stress, irratation, old age, bad diet, parasites, bacterial.

Excess slime can be bad water quality, ph shock, bacterial, parasites.
Any signs of flicking and rubbing.
Check the gills to see if they look pale with excess mucas, or red and inflamed.

Your nitrate not high.

Cloudy eye is a symtom of a desease not a desease in its own right.
Causes.
Bad water quality, stress, irratation, old age, bad diet, parasites, bacterial.

Excess slime can be bad water quality, ph shock, bacterial, parasites.
Any signs of flicking and rubbing.
Check the gills to see if they look pale with excess mucas, or red and inflamed.
Nitrates were high but I have been working at getting them down and they are now at 10. when I first got him i posted a topic as it seemed for be flicking but it stopped doing this. gills are pale does not look like excess slime around gills. I notices on its scales that hey seemed bumpy?? this seems to have got worse. Only got him 3 weeks ago. his pal didnt survive.

Is he rubbing his body and gills on things in the tank.
Is it possible to load a pic up of the sick fish.
Turn tanks lights out and shine a torch on him to see if you can see any golden spots, or gold dusting on him.

Any red pierce marks on his body.

Just read your other post.
Did ph change fast.
Why your tank ph highter than tap, can you list everything you have in the tank.
Do you use any ph adjusters.

Is he rubbing his body and gills on things in the tank.
Is it possible to load a pic up of the sick fish.
Turn tanks lights out and shine a torch on him to see if you can see any golden spots, or gold dusting on him.

Any red pierce marks on his body.

Just read your other post.
Did ph change fast.
Why your tank ph highter than tap, can you list everything you have in the tank.
Do you use any ph adjusters.
I dont use PH adjusters. two pieces of bog wood, gravel plastic and real plants

Attachments

• tank_2.jpg
    tank_2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 20
Bogwood lowers ph not raise it.
What type of gravel are you using.

Bogwood lowers ph not raise it.
What type of gravel are you using.
I added the bog wood to try and get it down. aqurium gravel broght from pet smart. washed throughly before adding. when you say what type how would i know?/

Should tell you on the bag as some substrate can lower and higher ph.
it sounds like a ph problem to me, as fish can have excess slime with ph shock. Also ph shock can kill fish.

If you have a tap reading of around 7 in ph and your tank ph is the the 8 region something altering your ph in the tank, and need to find out what.
I would post a thread in tropical discussion and list everything in the tank and see what other members can come up with,.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back