Bock Bock Bagock!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bluesword23516

Fish Addict
Reaction score
As you can tell by the title we are definitely not talking about fish. Like other members on this site fish are not the only pets I have.  I also have one dog and three hens.
I bought my chickens on April 1st 2013.  I am currently on the poultry team for my FFA chapter.  Last year I did fairly well and hope to go to nationals this year.  

I own two Delaware hens, and one Black Minorca.  All three lay once a day.  Now that winter has rolled around, my Black Minorca hasn't laid though.  I have friends with other laying hens and some breeds stop in the winter.  

I grew up on my grandparents farm. They had a huge hen house, I absolutely LOVED going out every morning to do chores. We would feed the chickens, get the eggs and then have fresh eggs for breakfast. I still remember walking down the gravel path up to the hen house proudly next to my grandpa in my red rain boots. Man, getting old sucks. I miss my Grandpa. My girlfriends folks have about 10 hens free roaming. They eat leftover veggie scraps as well as food. Having fresh eggs daily is unexplainably awesome. It's so cute when the hen is first laying eggs, too. They're little mini eggs! lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back