Bn Pleco Fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Morning all - came down this morning to find about 20ish BN pleco fry hanging on the side of the tank. :rolleyes: :fun: :lol: :fun: :rolleyes:

Err - what do I do with them? I don't have a spare tank to move 'em into, but I do have a fish net breeder. They are about 2cm long - do they need to be separated? The only things in the tank big enough to take them are the gouramis and maybe their parents :/

There's a whole bunch living on top of the magnetic cleaner and a few hanging on the side of the tank, obviously feeding on algae!

What food do they need?

So many questions - would be grateful for any help...

nice surprise then at about an inch i would say crushed flake or pellets the same as what the parents eat but just crushed down a bit i think they will be OK in the tank till
they get a bit bigger then you will need to move them on
lfs should take them of your hands no problem i should think
hope this helps

Cheers Biffster

Big surprise! Nice to know that my water is good enough to produce babies (inc cherry shrimp and apple snails)

Congrats on your babies! My bn's are constantly breeding and the fry are all left well alone by the other fish in the tank (which includes several gouramis). I hope your babies all do well

THey have proberly beeing in your tank for a week or 2 now but will have stayed in the cave. I have 100 2cm long bn fry and there 4 weeks old and i think my bns are going to breed again tonight the male has been clearing a cave the last few days, the females looking eggy and they have both been into the cave a few times together a few times. As for food my fry are feeding on microwaved courgette and boiled spinage they will eat most no citrus fruit, potato, cucumber, lettice, some veg and pellets. If you have no room for them ones they get to about 1" they should be ready to sell. Might be worth asking a few LFS one of mine are taking 50 off me for 2£ each so £100 and ive bearly spent anything on the food so a good profit there.

Cool - have tried to isolate some by putting them in a breeding net but they keep escaping! Found a few living in the filter :crazy: when I did a water change yesterday but they seem to be doing ok. As they get bigger I do start to worry about the bio load so maybe a trip to the LFS is due.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back