BN Peco behaviour

Geordie Paul

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all its been a while since I've posted because my 34 gallon is finally stocked and all was well. However, my juvenile bushynose pleco (I got when he was just weeks old.) is about 4 months now, and is the tank bully. Still not sure of the sex because it's still young. When he eats, he hogs all the food and quickly dashes at my Cory's whenever they try to eat. This seems to be abnormal behaviour for a bushynose. This only happens when there is food in the tank othwise he's peaceful. He's fed green zucchini 3 times a week and pleco formula bug bites daily. Is there anything that's possible to make him less aggressive towards my Cory's when feeding?

99DA196D-D2EF-4C91-864D-975DE4CD1016.jpeg

It looks like a female to me. Even when my BNP was 1.5 inches, he had bristles on his nose.

The behavior is normal. My pleco does the same thing with my corys. Just try to feed them in the opposite corner of the tank, this should reduce aggression.

Take the veggies you feed and clip them onto the side of the tank with a suction cup. Keeps the cories off and let's the pleco eat in peace. Cories shouldn't have much veggies anyways.

My male BN boots cories off of food he wants too. Its normal as long as its only during feeding

@31LJ95 , you were worried about your pleco and your cories, thought you might like to see this thread so you know you're not alone, and can get some tips to help manage the behaviour :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back