Blue Spotted Jawfish Pair

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

scott133

Fish Addict
Reaction score
HI

My lfs had a pair of blue spot jawfish £260 :unsure: are they really that dear well they have been reserved for me and a £50 deposit for them to keep me them in :drool:

will it be ok will a yellow watchman goby and my sand is 2" deep think that will be ok been wating for 1 for ages and they have a pair they told me they were rare but what they didnt tell me was there expensive lol

think they will be ok with soft corals and lps coral

CP_jawfish_bluespot.jpg

thats a pic of what they look like should i go for them or leave them what do you guys think

regards scott

Not sure on UK prices. They are rare in pairs. You need more like 5" deep sand for them to burrow. They will create a burrow in the sand. Also, different sized small rocks...like small enough that they can pick them up and move them w/their mouth...is desirable to build the burrow.

Pretty rare in the hobby and very difficult to catch in the wild (hence the rareness). Other than needing deep sand to burrow in, they're relatively easy to care for reef safe fish. DO need decent size tanks though, probably something bigger than a nano.

yeh i have got 879l aquarium so should be ok and add more coral sand

will they be ok with watchman gobys

Ive seen them at 125 a couple of time s for singles so i would say that is a good price for a pair. Watch mag levels when dumping loads of new sand in though

yeh cheers ben so do you think they will be ok with a pair of watchman gobys
and the blue spot jawfish are a deffo pair showed me the invoice mated pair of jawfish really nice colors

What do you think then should i get them

and coz they are a pair will they spawn in time and are they easy to spawn and bring up the babies

i have no idea about raising their babies, would be a nice feature though. So long as you see them a lot

What do you think then should i get them

and coz they are a pair will they spawn in time and are they easy to spawn and bring up the babies
Make sure you see them eat before you actually get them.

With the adult size of the fish, I'd imagine the babies are pretty tiny. Probablay really tough to raise if it all. Just a guess, though :)

That's a lot of money for fish you will probably only see at feeding time :crazy: but then you put the word rare in front of something and I start thinking, oh I must have it :lol: human nature I suppose :p they are mighty fine, but not sure even I would buy them for that price, unless of course I could raise the babies to sell on - I am assuming that the babies would be difficult to raise or we would see more of them in lfs

Seffie x

:fish:

Most of the threads I've seen on RC state how Blue spotted jawfish mysteriously die of bacterial infections. But I've also read of a few successes. It's worth looking into, though. :)

i got them today one has a small red ring round its left eye see if it clears up but a apart from that they are amazeing to watch and eating great

i cant get pics up here how do i do it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back