Blue rili?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok I bought 3 blue diamond/ saphire from big Al's.... one git me worried because I noticed it had dark black markings in it.. I at 1st thought ma8it was a bacterial infection but it didnt die and looks healthy. I did dome research and now I'm thinking it might ge a blue rili... does anyone know much about them? Are they born with the markings or get it when they mature? Because I swear it didn't have the markings until recently. I post pictures soon

I don't know what fish you are talking about. Can you post a picture of the fish or provide us with a scientific name?

They are shrimps, a colour variant of cherry shrimp.

I will post pictures of mine when he or she not camera shy. But I been looking at pictures on Google and it looks like one.... I try to screenshot it....give ne a sec

Screenshot_20191212-142416_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks similar to this like I said it dont look like a blue diamond/saphire...... that's why I was worried that it was sick

Ok what you all think would happen if it breeds with blue diamond or a bloody Mary? I'm not breeding for $$$$ but just curious. The other 2 I think are blue diamonds but lol not sure with big al pet store now.

The rili refers to the banding. I have red rili shrimp that look like your pics (except the colours are red and white), they are identical in every other respect to red cherry shrimp. Yours will interbreed but that should be ok as all the offspring will most probably be blue. Assuming you don't have 3 of the same sex they will breed, but if you do add any other cherry shrimp (neocaradina davidi) you should only add blue ones, otherwise you will end up with a tank full of dull brown shrimp.

I'm not shrimp expert or sexing but I have a feeling its male.... dont see a saddle. I think I have a female sapphire looks like a saddle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back