Blue Ram Complications

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought two German Blues from the pet store about two weeks ago. After 4 or 5 days I noticed they had brought ich into my tank. I started treating with rid-ich plus and unfortunately one of the rams passed today. The other one seems to be thriving....no white spots, rubbing against decor, stressful breathing etc. Part of it's top fin appears to be torn (been like this since I bought it though) and hasn't really improved or gotten worse. I would like to know what sex mine is so I can order a opposite sexed one off aquabid once the I'm done treating for ich.
IMG_0207 (640x480).jpg

Sorry to hear you lost your ram, unfortunately they are very prone to ich, mine came from the LFS with it just starting, so I was able to get on top of it quickly. Keep an eye out for it on your remaining ram, as it could still be lurking in the tank and just not on the fish yet.
Your remaining ram is a girl, as indicated by her pink belly and shorter fins. :)

thank you so much, the bottle of medication said I need to keep treating for 5 days after last white spots so I'll be sure to keep an eye on her. Glad to know she she is a she lol thanks again

Females have pinkish bellies, have blue scales inside the black spot and have those black stripes on the pelvic fins

I'm sure she's a Female due to the black stripe on the pelvic fin and pinkish belly area.

Rams will not do well at all in alkaline or harder water so may be worth checking you parameters to see if that could be causing a problem

b3cca said:
Females have pinkish bellies, have blue scales inside the black spot and have those black stripes on the pelvic fins

I'm sure she's a Female due to the black stripe on the pelvic fin and pinkish belly area.

Rams will not do well at all in alkaline or harder water so may be worth checking you parameters to see if that could be causing a problem
My Ph is pretty low, 6.4 i believe

aww well sounds good for her :) Must have just been a bad supply/batch unfortunately. How is she doing ?

b3cca said:
aww well sounds good for her
smile.png
Must have just been a bad supply/batch unfortunately. How is she doing ?

no more white spots, her top fin is still ripped and there's a red mark beneath her mouth....like a cut almost. She's acting fine though, I'll just have to wait and see

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back