Blue Lobster?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

diVer

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was in my lfs the other day getting some otos and snails and I saw they had a blue lobster in one of the tanks. I'm thinking I might get one when I get the 30 gallon set up. Do they need any special water conditions? food? and how are they with other fish?

I got one....they are fresh water so they are crayfish.....or freshwater lobsters. Ive had mine for over 8 months and he's now 7-8 inches long.....they like caves to hide in....food....they like cat fish pellets.....frozen fish...and mine loves cucumber now and again....they are fasinating....do not put them in with snails ,frogs or crabs,loaches cos they might get eaten......other fish are ok. he will swipe at them at feeding time but only as a warning....nothing special needed in the water. they do shed their skin which can be a bit un-nerving on the first occasion as you get left with the old shell that looks like a dead lobster.....leave it in the tank for a couple of days as the lobster eats some of it to get a bit of calcium .... any other questions I'd be glad to answer....my advice....get one today......they are great.

I have always wanted a Freshwater Blue Lobster (what they are called at my LFS) but I have catfish and slow fish in both my tanks. Just wait till my smaller tank clears then I may get one for it.

I am getting one! See my post in the oddball section. It will explain all.

We call those 'yabbies' in Australia, they are found in dams and rivers. Be careful that they dont eat the fish. They will probably catch any bottom dweller or even any fish that rests on the bottom at night.

Ok, I probably won't end up getting one but you never know. My lfs already sold the one they had anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back