Blue lobster/crayfish query

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if anyone has any experience with these guys? One of mine has disappeared. There are tunnels and hiding places in the tank and I have a fitted lid. Do you know if they tend to hide, perhaps before moulting? Also, they like to snip bits of my Anacharis and strip the leaves and lie them in a pile on the tank floor. It's this normal or are they just doing it to annoy me?

If they are anything like the dwarf crays, they are doing it to annoy you. They have a mischevious streak a mile wide and twice as long. One will drag bits of chollo wood around my tank and play silly buggers with the ono. The ono will be doing his dopey snarfling routine and a cray seems to materialize out of the shadows to scare it.

Mine used to do that to my Hoplo. Unfortunately I came downstairs to find one of my Crays chewing on a platy like it were sweetcorn so they have now been rehomed with the lovely man from my LFS who has taken them to live (alone) at his house.

I removed a bunch of red root floaters last night and this little fellas was staring at me in a most accusing manner, so I did what all pet owners do and tossed in a food stick.

1363.jpg

I had one I had caught in the creek near my house. He loved to play bulldozer in my 55 gallon tank moving the plastic plants all over the place and digging in the gravel or piling it up into small hills.

Oh, I do forage diving all the time in my refrigerator and once, in a back corner of the freezer, I found some Mysis shrimp. At $5 a pack, this was a good find. The two desiccated ribeyes were not such a great find.

Most reactions

Back