Blue Grean Aglea

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
I have been doing a blackout for treating my cynobacteria for past 4 days. It still looks as if its alive but at the minute there are no fish in the tank as i have move them temporarily into my other tank (just a male kirb and 20fry. The fry are in a breeding trap)

The tank has been set up for 5 years and so I do not understand the sudden outbreak of the bacteria as i have never had this problem before. I was wondering whether it would be best to restart the tank from scratch as an easier way of getting rid of it.

I was planning on rescaping the tank anyway, including changing the gravel and all plants. I will soak the wood in some hot water to hopefully kill any bacteria on them before putting them back in.

What do you think would be the best way to get rid of it? I don't care about time frames, just as long as it goes!

Thanks!
Meg

We've had BGA twice in our 29gal. And haven't had an outbreak of it for a while now *shrugs*
No idea what caused it in the first place, but it hasn't returned since.
If you were just going to redo and get rid of the gravel and stuff anyway, might as well do that.
Or if you want to try to get rid of the BGA first, then just prolonge the blackout. If 4 days isn't enough then tack on a few more days. Make sure that the tank isn't getting any kind of light. If you're using a blanket over the tank, make sure that no light can pass through it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back