Blue-eyes and Peacocks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

breed them. breed them. breed them. breed them. breed them.

go on, breed them.

breed lots and lots of them. I don't care if you don't have space, breed as many of them as possible :)
Well, I've 6 Blue-eyes and ...?... at least 30 Peacocks in a 7g grow out tank.

The gudgeons are TINY and groooww sooos slooow I can't wait till they hit puberty. 🤪

I really need to discern what is going on in the tank as I find quite a few fungused Blue-eye eggs...I could probably move the Blues a few at a time to a breeder but I am overwhelmed.

I think my P. coryadora are flinging eggs around...I think it's their first spawn 'cuz they're flinging and shimmying and eating at the same time.

Setting up a tank for fry at the moment.

Here are a few images of the teeny fry.
Grow grow grow!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_041805.jpg
    IMG_20211029_041805.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211029_041752~3.jpg
    IMG_20211029_041752~3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211029_041616.jpg
    IMG_20211029_041616.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211029_041124.jpg
    IMG_20211029_041124.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211029_040748.jpg
    IMG_20211029_040748.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211029_040742~2.jpg
    IMG_20211029_040742~2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20211029_040634.jpg
    IMG_20211029_040634.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 35
Well, I've 6 Blue-eyes and ...?... at least 30 Peacocks in a 7g grow out tank.

The gudgeons are TINY and groooww sooos slooow I can't wait till they hit puberty. 🤪

I really need to discern what is going on in the tank as I find quite a few fungused Blue-eye eggs...I could probably move the Blues a few at a time to a breeder but I am overwhelmed.

I think my P. coryadora are flinging eggs around...I think it's their first spawn 'cuz they're flinging and shimmying and eating at the same time.

Setting up a tank for fry at the moment.
Thats a ton of peacocks! I didnt know they grow very slow... How long does it take for them to mature? Or as you say "hit puberty" lol

So, I would say you are going to need a bigger grow out tank soon.
Yes.

They are about 6 weeks now and very tiny. My first batch of the Peacock gudgeons so I'll just have to wait and see. Probable when they double in size. From experience and observation of the Blue-eyes, they are growing at a much faster rate than the Gudgeons.

I have a 10g tank cycled; begining another 6.6g. I am lucky in that I keep a seeded filter or two going at all times.
I have a 15g in storage that I MUST pull out if I am to make this work, especially if there are any Pygmy Cory coming.

I will have to invest in some plants soon. I don't want to remove any more from my big tank because the Blues need them to breed and the Peacocks for security.

My biggest issue is that I won't have a large enough tank to sustain both species any longer.

Honestly, the tank I have going now (in the videos) is overstocked in my opinion. I have to do frequent water changes as it stands.

I guess I will be doing species only soon as I can't spend right now. Hopefully some of the 6
P. furcatus fry will be female as my ratio is 5:5 m/f right now and would love 😍🤪✨💞 to get more of those going.

Pretty sure my LFS will take some--a lot--of the Peacocks off my hands. They better give me good credit since they don't come around often.

I will keep all the Blue-eyes unless I do a dedicated breeding project with them. Now I just scan for fry...

Yes.

They are about 6 weeks now and very tiny. My first batch of the Peacock gudgeons so I'll just have to wait and see. Probable when they double in size. From experience and observation of the Blue-eyes, they are growing at a much faster rate than the Gudgeons.

I have a 10g tank cycled; begining another 6.6g. I am lucky in that I keep a seeded filter or two going at all times.
I have a 15g in storage that I MUST pull out if I am to make this work, especially if there are any Pygmy Cory coming.

I will have to invest in some plants soon. I don't want to remove any more from my big tank because the Blues need them to breed and the Peacocks for security.

My biggest issue is that I won't have a large enough tank to sustain both species any longer.

Honestly, the tank I have going now (in the videos) is overstocked in my opinion. I have to do frequent water changes as it stands.

I guess I will be doing species only soon as I can't spend right now. Hopefully some of the 6
P. furcatus fry will be female as my ratio is 5:5 m/f right now and would love 😍🤪✨💞 to get more of those going.

Pretty sure my LFS will take some--a lot--of the Peacocks off my hands. They better give me good credit since they don't come around often.

I will keep all the Blue-eyes unless I do a dedicated breeding project with them. Now I just scan for fry...
When I get my 3 gudgeons I'm hoping for a 1 male to 2 female ratio so I can HOPEFULLY get a breeding pair and give some fry to my LPS.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back