Blue Eye Lemon Pleco

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Swampman

Reaction score
Hi I have had Albino Plecos. spawn and raised the young. So I would like to try Blue Eye Lemon Plecos this year. L144A. Anyone have any info on breeding this beauty? They are expensive at Live Aquaria. $50 each.

Well, they are as easy as the other Ancistrus dolichopterus like your own albino ones, just get them a tank of at least 10 gallons for a pair, a place for the male to use as a cave or to convert into a cave (my male used a piece of wood and dug out his own cave), some driftwood, some epiphyte plants (since they will dig out rooting plants), some algae and biofilm as well as fresh vegetables, and some clean and well-oxygenated water.
with that, they should breed as easy and good as any other Ancistrus.

Hi I have had Albino Plecos
I hope you don't mind me asking you a question on your discussion but as these albino's mature are they peaceful, as i have a young one and so far so good, as i had two other pleco's and as they was growing they was going at one another, then it went to trying to trap my cories, so my husband took them to the shop where i got them as he takes fish in as he's got a large quarantine part in the back of his shop.

I hope you don't mind me asking you a question on your discussion but as these albino's mature are they peaceful, as i have a young one and so far so good, as i had two other pleco's and as they was growing they was going at one another, then it went to trying to trap my cories, so my husband took them to the shop where i got them as he takes fish in as he's got a large quarantine part in the back of his shop.
It all depends on the species, if they were hypostomus plecostomus then it would make sense for them to try and kill your corydoras since they are mainly carnivorous, if they were common bristlenose plecos (Ancistrus dolichopterus) then probably they were 2 males and that is why they kept fighting, as for the corydoras in the case of them being Ancistrus then it could be explained as them being annoyed by the corys, Ancistrus are peaceful but they kinda hate when other fish come to close and a whole shoal of corydoras may have been the limit for them.

if they were common bristlenose plecos (Ancistrus dolichopterus)
Thanks for replying, i had the above Bristlenose pleco's but couldn't say if they was male / female as they was developing their barbels on the head and around the mouth. I know they tried to trap my panda's and young albino's being smaller.
The one i have now is an Albino gold pleco which grows to 5" or just over.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back