Blue Dragon Goby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishyfishfish2010

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a dragon goby the other day and since then i have not seen him eating at all i feed him blood worms but he wont eat am i doing something wrong?

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddball%20Dragon%20Goby.htm

That seems to have some nice info on it but from a quick look through it seems your fish is just a shy eater when on it's own. Maybe he needs a few tank mates to bring him out of his shell :)

I;ve had two for 5 months and they;ve been very greedy eaters since I had them. As soon as I put flake or mysis in they open and close their mouths rapidly and go hunting for food

They have huge appetites

I have two in there but to be honest they are very territirial and attack each other when near

Is your water brackish?

i have just been having a quick
read up on the blue dragon for you
it say the are greedy feeders when
they are in pairs or multiples
but when by themselves can be very
picky eaters hope this helps

I've a Dragon and I never saw mine eat for the first couple of months and he would disappear for days as well, how something so long can hide so well astounds me! He was obviously eating something as he was 8cm when I got him and he is now just a tad under 20cm. I've now built him a cave at the front of the tank, out of bogwood, with front and rear entrances, so I get to see him more often!

no it is not brackish
the pet store i got it from did not have it in brackish water either

They are brackish, just because your LFS didn't have it in brackish doesn't make it a freshwater fish. Like most brackish fish they can tolerate freshwater, but do much better in brackish. If kept in freshwater they will most likely not live to their full potential.

no it is not brackish
the pet store i got it from did not have it in brackish water either
neither did the one I got mine from but you should see how much healthier it is since they have been in quite high brackish!!

and if you don;t you may have a poorly fish?
I suppose thats the balance you have to strike. If it was me I'd want to provide the best conditions or not keep the fish at all.
I would pm Neale Monks who is the authority here on brackish fish including these fish. He will give you the best advise

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back