The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adammichael

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just bought a 3-5cm one does anyone else have one

also i dont have this in an mbuna tanks is this a problem

They aren`t Mbuna anyway they are sand dwelling fish and follow some of the large Haplochromis fish foraging for food in the sand and take the left overs, very interesting fish.
They are part of the Haps group.
What are they in with ? Tank size ?

its only in a 70l tank with some guppies, 2 clown loach and a fighter fish

I would bring it back or get another tank (a large one would be preferable). Plus if it stays where it is, its going to eat your guppies in about two months!

This leads back to the case of the impulse buy!! It is very important to know what you are purchasing before you part with your cash. I'm being hypocritical here as I have bought fish in the past that I hadn't intended to on the day but it was only in the knowledge that the fish species would suite my setup (books in the LFS, personal experience). You should never buy a fish going on what a worker at a LFS tells you, unless you trust him (even them I wouldn't). If you liked the look of a fish the chances are that the LFS will always have more of them in stock so you should take the latin name and ask people on this forum before you buy. It will save you the hassle of going back with the unsuitable fish and reduce the stress on the fish.

Regards

Tanks a Lot`s advise is spot on. I would take it back TBH.
I would be annoyed with the shop that sold it you aswell.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back