Blue Diamond Shrimp Random Death.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi.
I just found out my Blue Diamond shrimp are death, and turning into red. ( the whole body )
It's a shrimplet. I have 10 gallon tank With Peacock Moss on Rock, 3 Anubias Nana And 1 single Cobomba Plant. I found 1 death yesterday. And I found another one today.
Rest of the shrimp are really happy I guess?
I feed them Shrimp Pellet only.
Only filter and light are installed.i don't use Fert / Co2
Water Chem
Ph 7
Not too Soft water
Water temp 21
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5 ppm

If the redness is just in the head, there is a possibility that the internal organs have been liquified. The internal organs are all in the “head” of the shrimp.

Any chance of a picture?

Welp. No. It's the whole body. It turns Red Pinkish. I believe liquefied is because of ammonia spikes? And yes I didn't occur any death today. But I still want to prevent them to die I can't do any research at all and all the website said is "When Shrimp Death they turn they colour into pale red." And that's all I get lol. Kinda dissapointed

How many shrimp do you have and how many have died so far?

Well I can't count a 10 gallon full of Shrimp. I should say around 30-50 I only found 2 death since that happens I think there's more but we know that even shrimp eat death shrimp.

Sometimes shrimp just die. I’m not sure why yours have the weird coloration though...

Keep a close eye on your water parameters. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back