Blue berry oscars

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
are blue berry oscars dyed? i heard they were somewhere ut im not sure, i saw a pair and they looked great, how big of a tank do u need to keep oscars? i heard they get to be real monsters ;)

Copied from "the Hybrid and died fish.....a list of fish!!, This is what I found on the topic...hope" thread:

*Albino morphs of the Oscar are being painted to produce Blue Oscars, Red Oscars (though there is also a Red Oscar that is not painted), Yellow Oscars, Blueberry Oscars, Gold Oscars (though I understand that there is also a Gold Oscar that is not painted, but has a more yellowish tint to the normal salmon to orange coloration) and Purpe Oscars. These Albino Oscars that have either been injected with dye or placed in a dyed tank with additional chemicals that damage or destroy the fishes natural slime coat so the dye can soak in. The fish tend to be sickly and prone to disease and if they live long enough the color will fade. This is a cruel practice and I urge the reader not to purchase these fish and condone it.

Oscars require at least 50G but preferable a 70G for a fully grown oscar :)

u might not wanna buy them as they will probably die from being dyed, it would be best to look into other naturallt good looking cichlids :lol:

Is this now the hybrid/ GM/ Dyed fish forum?

Yes blueberry oscars are dyed and that makes thm a poor choice for a fish, they grow and the dye looks bad and greyish, they had to undergo a painfull ordeal to be dyed (scrape off all of your skin and paint yourself and see how it feels) and they wont live nearly as long because of it. Buy a fish that hasnt been tortured for a temporary splash of color will you.

why dont you just buy tiger oscars, imo nicer looking :nod:

yes they are died, a dyed fish is like a human with one giant tatto covering its entire body, how would that feel lol?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back