Blue Acara

stromlodge

Reaction score
This is one of the Blue Acara's in my tank, I find them probably the most interesting to watch and are continually doing something different.

Attachments

• 20220925_211145.jpg
    20220925_211145.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 2,157
This is one of the Blue Acara's in my tank, I find them probably the most interesting to watch and are continually doing something different.
Many years ago I had blue and yellow acara. Awesome fish! Actually had blue and yellow acara, convicts, jack dempsey, green terror and a rope fish in that tank. All the cichlids got along just fine but were small juveniles when introduced.

Excellent, yes my tank is also mixed and all were small when introduced and so far they all get on good. Hopefully it stays that way :)

Excellent, yes my tank is also mixed and all were small when introduced and so far they all get on good. Hopefully it stays that way :)
LOL! Just a word to the wise on acaras... ;) If one starts digging a depression in the substrate it is a mating thing. My blue was 5-6 inches and started digging. I reached in to fill the hole and the beastie attacked and bit me; actually drew a couple drops of blood. But then my cockatiel has drawn blood a few times when I've ticked him off. :) I guess I need to quit ticking off my critters. ;)

Hahaha, worried to put my hand in there now haha. Na, I did used to have a pair years ago, so I am familiar with what you mean. Funnily enough, also had a hand reared cockatiel at the same time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back