Blue Acara Egg

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

TheCichlidDude

Reaction score
Hello! Its me. I have a situation where the eggs gets eaten up by med corys. They are just to fast for the acaras. I have now managed to collect the eggs. Transport them to another tank. 10 gallon, (i know this is small), this is just temporary. The question i have is: when can i put the parents back in there main tank? How do i know if the eggs is fertilized? Is it when they are starting to wriggle?

Attachments

• D7DACE70-C66D-471F-B1EC-81885E9117A2.jpeg
    D7DACE70-C66D-471F-B1EC-81885E9117A2.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 2F515C01-0CBC-424F-8391-2B58AE3E2AAD.jpeg
    2F515C01-0CBC-424F-8391-2B58AE3E2AAD.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 63
Donā€™t put the parents back , they are just eggs to them now , they donā€™t know they are thereā€™s you either need to raise them yourself or leave them to it

Donā€™t put the parents back , they are just eggs to them now , they donā€™t know they are thereā€™s you either need to raise them yourself or leave them to it
Okey, man! But when can i know that the eggs are fertilized? They manage to do well after a week alone as fry i suppose?

Okey, man! But when can i know that the eggs are fertilized? They manage to do well after a week alone as fry i suppose?
I hve moved wiggles and had a good success rate maybe 90% and raised them and put them back into the main tank with there parents , Iā€™m in a s similar situation as you mine lay hand hatch and they can keep them for a few weeks but other fish slowly eat them , I think 10g is large enough to raise the fry until they are big enough to be sold or returned to the main tank , eggs being fertile they should be a slight off colour , Iā€™d say the photo of your eggs are fertile but could be wrong they should wiggle in 2-3 days them swim in another 2-3 days be a good project to do

I hve moved wiggles and had a good success rate maybe 90% and raised them and put them back into the main tank with there parents , Iā€™m in a s similar situation as you mine lay hand hatch and they can keep them for a few weeks but other fish slowly eat them , I think 10g is large enough to raise the fry until they are big enough to be sold or returned to the main tank , eggs being fertile they should be a slight off colour , Iā€™d say the photo of your eggs are fertile but could be wrong they should wiggle in 2-3 days them swim in another 2-3 days be a good project to do

Thanks again! Im planning on putting them when there is not a risk anymore. I hope the eggs survived the moving. When can they survive without their parents?

Attachments

• 08386FB3-B6A1-4D40-983F-6CF5F25BAEE1.jpeg
    08386FB3-B6A1-4D40-983F-6CF5F25BAEE1.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 3D84753A-AA97-4FC7-9B49-75AAF18D04BC.jpeg
    3D84753A-AA97-4FC7-9B49-75AAF18D04BC.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 56
Are the blue acara the biggest fish in your tank ? I aim for the 1 inch mark before returning to the tank but if you have lots of hiding places and if you return all the fry in one go you possible could do it sooner but itā€™s risky , Iā€™m not sure if you have electric blue acara or standard blue acara but my electric blue acara reach 1 inch in around 8-10 weeks so standard blues maybe a bit sooner

Are the blue acara the biggest fish in your tank ? I aim for the 1 inch mark before returning to the tank but if you have lots of hiding places and if you return all the fry in one go you possible could do it sooner but itā€™s risky , Iā€™m not sure if you have electric blue acara or standard blue acara but my electric blue acara reach 1 inch in around 8-10 weeks so standard blues maybe a bit sooner
Yeah! Its the biggest. Thanks for the tip. I will do, is there any way to tell that they are fertilized?

If you separate the eggs from the parents, the babies won't get brood care from their parents, and the babies often turn into egg eaters and bad parents when they breed.

Try to keep the adults with the eggs at all times. If the Cories are stealing eggs, put a partition in the tank to stop the Corydoras getting to the eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back