Bloodred parrot

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Redbloodparrot17

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. Iv 2 bloodred parrot fish, had them about 5 yrs. They both are about the size of my hand. Recently one of them has developed a pea sized bump just above its eyes. Is this normal? It's a healthy fish and appears to be happy enough. Just want to know if this is normal. Thank u

Not the size but your water quality like ammonia, nitrate/nitrites, ph and alkalinity. Also when was your last water change as well? A clean tank can help with what possibly could be swelling or a possible bacterial infection

no its not normal, but neither are the fish for that matter. sorry I don't like hybrids or deformed fish

Oh also how do their gills look? Red or inflamed?
Gills r normal looking, fish is healthy. The bump is like a knuckle no tares or paracites on the skin. Water is cleaned regularly, green tinge is from a plant near the surface. Fish is eating normally as well as behaving as normal. Other fish is healthy

Here is some pics at different positions

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_155650.jpg
    IMG_20200129_155650.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20200129_155725.jpg
    IMG_20200129_155725.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20200129_155709.jpg
    IMG_20200129_155709.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 285
no its not normal, but neither are the fish for that matter. sorry I don't like hybrids or deformed fish
Hmmm, this is a thread specifically about hybrids so why irritate yourself by posting on it?

You should seriously look into other issues in this tank.

First off, these fish are in far too small of a tank. Blood Parrots should grow to around 10 inches long. They are thick, tall, and contribute very heavily to the bio load of a tank. Your tank is not large enough to house these fish for their life.

You should test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate right away. Poor water quality is likely the culprit to this problem in the first place.

You should seriously look into other issues in this tank.

First off, these fish are in far too small of a tank. Blood Parrots should grow to around 10 inches long. They are thick, tall, and contribute very heavily to the bio load of a tank. Your tank is not large enough to house these fish for their life.

You should test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate right away. Poor water quality is likely the culprit to this problem in the first place.

I don't see how poor water quality can cause a lump that then goes away. I agree a 31 gallon tank is too small for two blood parrots though we don't know the filtration and water change regime.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back