Blood parrot question ...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Acrobit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
West side of Candyland where the lollipop trees ar
I was at a store today and I decided to look at the fish (well, whaddya expect?!). I was looking at the blood parrots and noticed one that was a pinkish-red color (which I guess they are normally?) with black speckles on it. I also saw one that was yellow with the same speckling.

Now, my question is, are these parrots dyed? It looked completely natural, but I don't know a single thing about hybrids (or even if a blood parrot belongs in this section of the forum :unsure: ) but I was just wondering if anybody could clarify this for me. I'm not planning on getting any, I was just curious!

Thanks in advance!

yes the BP question does belong here, my guess would be that they are dyed, I have seen BPs in red, green, yellow, purple and white!!!!!!

those sound like mine, im not sure if I have a good picture of them....But from waht i know they arent dyed.

I would say the yellow one is not dyed. They do change color all the time.

When I got mine, it was mostly black, with hints of yellow. He was about 1.5".

Now he is about 2 - 2.5" and he is bright yellow. I just noticed a few black marks on his dorsal fin and anal fin. I wonder if he is going back to black.

I know for a fact that mine wasn't dyed.

:)

I agree 100% CometC.......

I would say niether of those are dyed. Especially with the speckling they both have on them :nod:

:p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back