FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thank u for everyone's help on this site. If I wouldnt have listened to u guys my fish would prob b dead. So update on my blood parrot cichlid named Loraine is that I spoke to the "fish guy" that used to maintain this fish in its previous home, a restuarant that closed (which is why I adopted Lorraine, she was about to b homeless) for 4 years. U guys had me looking for ich & I didnt c it but it's there. The 2 pink gouramis r so light that I didnt c it but today the were both covered w it. I will try to get a pic. Now I'm treating w ich tablets. The fish guy said even tho Lorraine isnt showing the spots shes got it. So a huge thank u to u guys. I got api test kit & the better stress coat stuff (cant think of the name u recommend but I got it) my water is good. Lorrain is hanging in. He said follow directions so tomorrow around 6 I'm due for another dose of blue tabs but 25% water change first. Does anyone know how long I have to do this?? It gives few details. I have hope, fingers crossed :)

Attachments

• 15733465048451080781448682538009.jpg
    15733465048451080781448682538009.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 106
Here she is now

Attachments

• 15733465798707433460835891380541.jpg
    15733465798707433460835891380541.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 90
This one shows the ich better

Attachments

• 15733472882148505437304769639003.jpg
    15733472882148505437304769639003.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 90
Yeah that's ich for sure!

Ammonia is zero right?

In addition to medication, raise the temperature to 86 slowly over the next day. This will greatly speed up the life cycle of the ich and prevent it from spreading as well.

Follow the directions on the medication. Usually it's something like a dose a day and a daily 20% water change for a week or so.

Over the years, I've had ich a few times. I've used temperature only in the past to treat ich and in one case I had to use medication for a stubborn case. I used rid ich and the one fish that was being treated was almost completely over it in 2 days. I have not used the medication that you picked up, but I'd expect similar results.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My blood parrot is now covered w ick on all fins so I hope this treatment works because I need it to work fast!!
Does anyone know if I should add aquarium salt, I raised the temp & tomorrow I will raise it more, I have to go back for more ick gaurd so if theres anything quicker or better please let me know as I'm not sure. I may switch to the api version.

Yeah that's ich for sure!

Ammonia is zero right?

In addition to medication, raise the temperature to 86 slowly over the next day. This will greatly speed up the life cycle of the ich and prevent it from spreading as well.

Follow the directions on the medication. Usually it's something like a dose a day and a daily 20% water change for a week or so.

Over the years, I've had ich a few times. I've used temperature only in the past to treat ich and in one case I had to use medication for a stubborn case. I used rid ich and the one fish that was being treated was almost completely over it in 2 days. I have not used the medication that you picked up, but I'd expect similar results.

Yes ammonia is 0. The blood parrot had no tiny white spots yesterday but tonite I c tons of them. Thanks for ur advice I will raise the temp again tomorrow for sure. Should I remove the gravel??

Yes ammonia is 0. The blood parrot had no tiny white spots yesterday but tonite I c tons of them. Thanks for ur advice I will raise the temp again tomorrow for sure. Should I remove the gravel??
No need to remove gravel, but when you gravel vac hit it good. If you have any carbon in your filter remove that.

I'd say you don't need salt if you are treating with medication and heat.

Also, that's great news that your tank seems to be cycled. Now you only have to worry about the ich.

No need to remove gravel, but when you gravel vac hit it good. If you have any carbon in your filter remove that.

I'd say you don't need salt if you are treating with medication and heat.

Fabulous!!! Thanks I will keep u posted Metalhead88 :)

Also, that's great news that your tank seems to be cycled. Now you only have to worry about the ich.

Yes it is & yes I do lol I cant wait 2 do a bit of a water change tomorrow, I c poop in there :)

This morning my blood parrot was standing on her head. Shes now hiding again but it doesnt look good. I lost one gourami this afternoon the other sick gourami is close behind. In a couple hours I'm doin my water change & re dose w meds. I picked up API super ich cure.

This morning my blood parrot was standing on her head. Shes now hiding again but it doesnt look good. I lost one gourami this afternoon the other sick gourami is close behind. In a couple hours I'm doin my water change & re dose w meds. I picked up API super ich cure.
I did a water change & I did remove half the gravel which made it sooo much easier to clean. I didnt mention but I also have a 4 yr old platty that came w my blood parrot. So the remaining gourami still alive along w a 5 inch patty & blood parrot. I just saw the platty feeding so that's good. Nobody in my tank has eaten in days. The blood parrot is much more active now so I'm seeing pretty good results 2 days in with treatment. This is quite a process & surprisingly most pet stores dont carry much selection if any to cure this. I really had to go looking

Last edited:
Fabulous!!! Thanks I will keep u posted Metalhead88 :)
I can c the ick on the bottom & its falling off the 3 remaining fish. My api super ick cure liquid says 48 hours for 25% water change & redose the tank so I'm waiting but it's hard not to suck up the white spots at the bottom

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back