bloated honey guorami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
just like every emergency thred starts

i woke up this morning to my favorite honey guromi laying on the bottom still as can be, witch is strange becus as soon as teh lights come on i feed my fish and she gets exited as soon as she sees me move twords teh tank cuz she knows its feeding time.

well any how i noticed she was a bit bloated yesterday witch wasnot a suprise cuz i think shes carrying eggs... so i just ignored it and went on with myday.

i noticed she has a lump on one side thats about as big around as a pencel and protrudes about 1/4 inch or less. its verry noticable and i think its why shes lethargic.

iv alredy feed her peas. shes eating and going to the surface for air but other than that she lays on the bottom.

i did a slat dip but as soon as she hit the solution she turned upside down and i thought "well thats it i just killed her" but on my way to throw out the bodie she started kicking agan.

right now i have her isolated and she seems to be fine externaly other than the bulge on her side (also the bulge has been resedeing slowly over tha past fue hours)

my firs thought is its an internal paracite posibly dropsy but im reluctant to admiester treatment till i get some advice from you all. in a fue hours im heading to the LFS and im going to get some antiboitic food too so let me know what kind i shold pick up.

oops forgot to mention yester day she did have stringy poop witch indacets internal paracites aswell.

and i have to add she has become slight ly lighter in color (general syptom)

Please post test results in ammonia, nitrite,nitrate,and ph, your type of fish are prone to ulcers add an anti internal bacteria med and some salt in the tank, would be best if you can issolate the fish, don't add salt if you have scalesss fish, try a shelled pea to make sure it isn't internal parasites if she still is doing long stringy white poo after that , she has internal worms.

The buldge on her side does it look like it's filled with fluid and is it the bulge oozing fluid.

the tank is cycled and to tell you the truth, i've stoped testing as of last week becuse i haven't seen much of a change vacumeing and changing 10% of the water dayly.

the only thing i can think of that may be the culprit is the case of ICH i just finished treating and the stress cuased by the black ghost knife, but thats minimal.

i got antiparacitic/antibiotic food abouit an hour ago but she dosnt like it. i still have her isolated but im feeding the whole tank the food just in case.

its not oozing and it dosnt look filled with fluid. its not a burn or anything you wold'nt be abel to tell anything was wrong if you where looking at her from the side (profile) but if she faces you you can clearly see a lump.
it looks as if she is bloted and on one side its a bit biger than on the other.

he scales are fine. there not sicking up and the only other symptoms are stringy poo and lethargy.

also this set in over the corse of 2 days. she looked fine and helthy on monday.

im going to do a test for amonia nitrats and nitrites asap but my ph is at 7.4 and steady

also the tank is hevely planted so amonia and nitrite isnt realy a problem.

i think im just going to euthinize.... shes suffering too much to watch and i dont think shes eatinvg as of today so the only treatment i have is useless.....

thanks anyhow....

i hate having to do this..... its the worst part of fish keeping......

So sorry, and for your loss.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back