Bloated Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

creasey_dave

Reaction score
hi i have some tropical fish that all seem to be bloated they dont seem to be distressed. jus wondering wot it might be also the tank looks green used green away tha didnt help ! i have feed them blood worm a week ago ! could it be tha used to put a full block in between 4 swordtails 1 fighter fish 1 platy and 1 euro ram plus 6 small phantom tetras ! they are trailing solid waste rather than stringy waste !

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
Is your tank near direct sunlight.
What do you feed the fish.
Are scales sticking out.
Check the fish anus to see if it enlarged or red and inflamed.
Do any fish look skinny or sunken in bellys.
Can the fish maintain its balance in the water.

Cooks some frozen peas for a few minutes, let cool down and pop out of shell. Mush into small peices and add to the tank.

before i say anything... i'm not sure if this breaks the forum rules.. if it does then delete this reply please.

not trieing to steal the topic but my barbs look bloated. when they swim, they are kinda wobbly, and they have a large red anus. i have 10 barbs in a 50 gallon tank wit decorations and bright light. I feed them flake food, and i'm not quite sure if i used up my ammonia testing kit, so ill get you that information later.
but for now should i worry?

Sounds odd milkton, might be a good idea to make a topic. Probably internal parasites by the sound of it but more info needed - could you try the form pinned in this board, on a separate thread?

dave - what exactly is green? Is the water green, or is there algae all over the glass?

Fish can get enlarged red inflamed anus with dropsy.

Signs of internal parasites are.
Long stringy white poo or clear mucas poo.
Red inflamed anus or enlarged anus.
Bent spine sometimes.
Fish will look skinny or bloated.
Sunken in belly.
Fish will sometimes swim on its side.
Worms prutruding from the anus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back