Bleeding Heart platy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Bleeding Heart platy also known as The Tiger platy I prefer to call it by its original name, I bought a trio yesterday the only 3 without a Mickey Mouse pattern
IMG_9232 (640x370).jpg

Nice looking platy, I bought two orange with black tail platys about two weeks ago and the next day I had 13 fry in the tank. I mostly have soft water tetras and guppies in my tanks so now I have a platy fry tank too (unplanned)

Nice looking platy, I bought two orange with black tail platys about two weeks ago and the next day I had 13 fry in the tank. I mostly have soft water tetras and guppies in my tanks so now I have a platy fry tank too (unplanned)
I have ideal conditions for live_ bearers today my half black guppy had 86 fry

Wow! that is a lot of fry, I have a 30 gallon tall fancy guppy tank with maybe 10 adults and 20+ fry.

it don't take long to fill up a tank with guppies I have three types of fancy guppies two types of wild Guppies and one type of endler

I just posted a thread about my "platy fry tank" today with pictures, I was not planning to have one. I was planning on changing the tank into something different but with live bearers you never know. Wish my tetra would have fry like that.

I have tiget platys but they are the mickey mouse ones and the male is realley red.

it can be a little bit difficult to when it comes to tetras my tap water would be roughly pH of 8 I have spawned a few type of tetras I use about 50% rain and tap water there are many tetras that will breed in hard water survival rate would be very low one of my favourite fish for spawning are cherry barbs

it can be a little bit difficult to when it comes to tetras my tap water would be roughly pH of 8 I have spawned a few type of tetras I use about 50% rain and tap water there are many tetras that will breed in hard water survival rate would be very low one of my favourite fish for spawning are cherry barbs
I am using RO water to soften my hard water, I was able to get red eye tetra to breed 14 fry that made it adult hood now working on ember, neon and glow light tetra.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back