Bleach dip?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a 20 high and I want to make it a 20 long. It will be dirted. I have an amazon sword and some bacopa that has hair algae on them. I’m also ordering a ton of plants and I want to bleach dip or do something to all of the plants I order and I already have to kill algae and pests. How do I do a bleach dip? Is a bleach dip what I need to do?

Put in one part bleach to 19 parts water...soak the leaves (best not to soak roots) for about 90 seconds...then put plants in plain water treated with dechlorinator to remove any bleach...you don't want any bleach to get into your tank.

Put in one part bleach to 19 parts water...soak the leaves (best not to soak roots) for about 90 seconds...then put plants in plain water treated with dechlorinator to remove any bleach...you don't want any bleach to get into your tank.
Ok thanks. This will help to kill the hair algae and pests?

it should...if any visible algae, you could use a paper towel after doing the dip and remove the algae by rubbing the leaves with the towel

Last edited:
as long as you do a 19 part water to 1 part of bleach and don't soak longer than 90 seconds, it should be fine...and rinse in dechlorinated water afterwards.

try to avoid dipping the roots...but if they do get wet with the solution for a brief time, it shouldnt be a problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back