bladder snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
In my 10 gallon fry tank I found 3 bladder snail hitchhikers. I don't really mind them and I personally find them pretty cute. A few days ago I found 2 bladder snail egg clutches. I left them alone and tonight I noticed both of them are gone. Have the eggs hatched? If so why can't I see any baby snails?

In my 10 gallon fry tank I found 3 bladder snail hitchhikers. I don't really mind them and I personally find them pretty cute. A few days ago I found 2 bladder snail egg clutches. I left them alone and tonight I noticed both of them are gone. Have the eggs hatched? If so why can't I see any baby snails?
Depending on how long they were there, they may have hatched. Baby bladder snails are soooo tiny, so you may not be able to see them until they get bigger. I find them cute too. :)

Depending on how long they were there, they may have hatched. Baby bladder snails are soooo tiny, so you may not be able to see them until they get bigger. I find them cute too. :)
ok thanks! I can't wait to see them once they get a little bigger. there's plenty of algae on my tank walls for them to munch on.

ok thanks! I can't wait to see them once they get a little bigger. there's plenty of algae on my tank walls for them to munch on.
That's good, they do love algae. Be careful with overfeeding if you don't want them to take over the tank. A few snails are cute, but 100s of them squirming (what do you call a bunch of snails moving over the substrate?) isn't always the look you're going for.

ok thank you! I haven't been putting in any extra food in for the snails. I only feed the Hikari first bites 3 times a day for the small fry and one tetra shrimp wafer every night for the cory fry. I feed a pinch of fluval bug bites every other day too. I really need to sell the cory fry and large molly fry.

So I am fine having bladder snails in my fry tank but I am NOT fine with them in my 29 gallon. I found 5 in my 29 gallon today and I am not happy with those snails. Ever since I hatched mystery snails once in my 29 gallon I have had nightmares of it being overrun by small snails. I don't have the heart to crush the bladder snails though. Would an Assasin snail kill the bladder snails? I have 2 nerites and some mystery snails. If I get 1 assasin to kill the bladder snails will it harm any small fish or other snails besides the bladder snails?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back