Blackworm Emergency - Please help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

otterblue

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know where to get blackworms right now? My scarlet badis won't eat anything else & there's a shortage. So far I've only gotten a delivery of 1/8 cup for $78. I'll need some more shortly.

Thanks.

IDK even what blackworms are but here are some results. I dont know if these are credible sellers. I also saw someone recommended Ebay? Amazon sells freeze dried.

That's excellent! Thank you so much! You may have saved 8 scarlet badis. :)

I got some from my LFS. Freeze dried is fairly easy to find. Hope you can get what you need.

Thanks. Unfortunately, they won't eat anything freeze-dried (at least mine won't, I know some badis will). I just found a place and ordered a larger portion ($100+ w/shipping). I may need to go into the blackworm business. Never thought I'd see the day I'd spend $100 on some worms.

There's a nationwide shortage of black worms right now. There are some breeding farms that are buying all of these sellers out before they can distribute locally, that's per my local fish store. Fortunately our fish who only eat life food have gotten accustomed to eating frozen bloodworms and freeze-dried tubiflex worms as well as some other frozen foods so they are able to very their diet. I got in my badies used to tubiflex worms frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp.

I don't remember 100% but I believe that black worms are harder to breed than just trying to maintain a container of them. They need cooler waters with some turbulence in them, but I'm not 100% sure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back