Blackout

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishFanatic04

I'm in Planted School.
Reaction score
I recently found out the my new fish have velvet. While I wait till Monday or Tuesday for the coppersafe, I have decided to do a blackout on all of my tanks.

Will a 3 days blackout harm my plants?

What about in my high tech. I stopped the co2 as well. Should I have it running tomorrow? I read a lot about the lighting making velvet worse, as well as it causing breathing issues for the fish. Co2 won't help that.

Basically, Will I be killing my plants while keeping my fish calm until the med. gets here? Thanks.

{I wish I could buy healthy fish :( }

Nope your plants should be fine.

As for the velvet that stinks. Do you have any inverts in the tank?

whats the best way of stopping condensation when blacking out a tank? i put a towel round mine and within 24 hours the towel was soaked as condensation had hit the lid, dripped down the cold glass on the outside of the tank an soaked into the towel

also all my water went green an cloudy when i did it

I'm not doing a full blackout actually. I was just leaving my lights and co2 off until I could get the medication. I was able to get some Coppersafe today though, so no more blackout.

I will probably lose my shrimpies :(

Do a full blackout, it easy. Turn your co2 off, turn your lights off & chuck a duvet over the tank, DONT PEAK at it for three days.

Tom

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back