Blackmoor Feeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kkcrd11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 3 fancy goldfish ( 1 celico oranda and 1 red and white and a blackmoor)

My tanks readings are 0 amonia 0 nitrite nitrate 10 . ph 6.4. the tank has been established for 8 months . orandas and black more are each about 3 inches long (4 month old fish) excluding tail and tank size is 90L (im upgrading very soon) and because of this i do 50 % water change every few days .

My blackmoor never did well on flake food . so bought sinking pellets for him as the orandas were beating him too food. trouble is now he wont swim much he just gravel hunts 24 hours a day . no matter if its dark or not . I don't want to overfeed the tank due to it already being small and keeping the amonia down but i don't wanna starve him either.

Should I be worried or just leave him to it. or should i feed him more. im feeding about 4-5 flakes per day and a pinch of sinking pellets at night . I occasionally feed crushed peas as well last time was saturday .

I have 4 adult Black Moores in a pond with about 15 (younger) commet goldfish..... When I feed flakes, (or anything else for that matter)..... The commets feed from surface and the BM's keep stirring the bottom...... it's been like this for at least 8 months and they are in perfect health.... so, do not worry.... they are getting their quota!

oh good i was getting a bit paranoid about him . Thanks for your help :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back