Black swordtail dropping fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
After dropping that many fry she must be worn out, Easy to see the two different types.:fish: I was moving around things in my tetra tank and saw another glow light tetra fry making 3 now. He was 1/2 the size of the first 2. Also another tiny fry that was so small I could not tell what type yet. He was a light gray color instead of the silver. At this birth rate I will not have to worry about being over crowded ;)

After dropping that many fry she must be worn out, Easy to see the two different types.:fish: I was moving around things in my tetra tank and saw another glow light tetra fry making 3 now. He was 1/2 the size of the first 2. Also another tiny fry that was so small I could not tell what type yet. He was a light gray color instead of the silver. At this birth rate I will not have to worry about being over crowded ;)
Well, she's still in there with her fry. She won't eat her fry, btw. Tomorrow she'll be put back in her original tank. She was relaxed during delivering.

Well, if it concerns egglayers or livebearers... newborns of one batch can differ in size. :)

Well, she's still in there with her fry. She won't eat her fry, btw. Tomorrow she'll be put back in her original tank. She was relaxed during delivering.

Well, if it concerns egglayers or livebearers... newborns of one batch can differ in size. :)
My swords always eat their fry. What's different? :)

How come My glowlights never have fry.?

My swords always eat their fry. What's different? :)
It also depends on the individual nature of the fish. But there are also livebearer species that just won't chase their fry. Even swordtails can differ in behavior depending on the species. But you're able to let bigger fish get used to smaller tank mates if you like to invest in time that is. If they're so used to them, they'll hardly chase them or even leave them alone.
Very cool! Thank you very much for sharing!
You're welcome...
That was so cool to watch. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
Thank you...
Can you post some new pics as they get bigger??
Sure...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back