Black Skirt with white bumps?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
đŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! 🩎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

UnknownFishies

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I have had this tetra for awhile and now I am worried. I used to have 3 serpaes that constantly bullied the tetra in question(i removed them don’t worry) and he was in pretty bad shape. but now he’s healthy again or so I thought because a couple days ago i noticed a big white spot. At first I thought it was a missing scale because of the serpaes but now it has grown into a bump! I’m worried and I don’t think this is Ich because he has only 1 other spot that I am actually sure is a missing scale.

Attachments

• 4F1DE1FC-A5D8-4AA3-8940-92AEA82C92EF.jpeg
    4F1DE1FC-A5D8-4AA3-8940-92AEA82C92EF.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 43
  • A14527DE-78EE-4F69-A345-B615C5E50E5A.jpeg
    A14527DE-78EE-4F69-A345-B615C5E50E5A.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 44
So I have had this tetra for awhile and now I am worried. I used to have 3 serpaes that constantly bullied the tetra in question(i removed them don’t worry) and he was in pretty bad shape. but now he’s healthy again or so I thought because a couple days ago i noticed a big white spot. At first I thought it was a missing scale because of the serpaes but now it has grown into a bump! I’m worried and I don’t think this is Ich because he has only 1 other spot that I am actually sure is a missing scale.
I could be wrong, but I think it might be a tumour....

If it is tomour as I have suggested, then maybe there is no cure and the fish will be in a lot of suffering.

Have you got better pictures so that I can see the bump better?

If it is tomour it must be at the start as I cant see the bump very well from the picture. But again, I could be wrong.
let’s hope you are... here’s the pictures, tried to get best quality but he didn’t want to cooperate.

Attachments

• 7B1D1AE2-8D2F-4594-ACFB-4C7C0621E624.jpeg
    7B1D1AE2-8D2F-4594-ACFB-4C7C0621E624.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 40
  • 2A491ADE-0F1C-4259-A610-27D1BB714F21.jpeg
    2A491ADE-0F1C-4259-A610-27D1BB714F21.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 34
  • A5D58931-933A-4B6A-9A1A-5F20CE38789B.jpeg
    A5D58931-933A-4B6A-9A1A-5F20CE38789B.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 44
Looks a bit like the bump I'm dealing with on one of my cories right now. Have a look at the advice given in my thread, if it is the same kind of thing, and a wound left by the serpae, then perhaps tannins might help. Casscats outlined how to brew almond leaves to increase tannins in the water in the thread.

I would try that, or salt water treatment, and see whether it improves. Or update if he worstens and might need more intensive treatment. Poor little dude!

Thank you!
Very welcome, hope it helps! He does look a bit battered about (sepaes are mean!) so lots of water changes with fresh clean water certainly won't hurt, and both tannins and salt water treatment are good for treating minor bacterial and fungal issues, so neither should hurt, as long as you don't have salt sensitive species in there.

Very welcome, hope it helps! He does look a bit battered about (sepaes are mean!) so lots of water changes with fresh clean water certainly won't hurt, and both tannins and salt water treatment are good for treating minor bacterial and fungal issues, so neither should hurt, as long as you don't have salt sensitive species in there.
Are gouramis salt sensitive? and yes serpaes are mean. very mean...

Are gouramis salt sensitive? and yes serpaes are mean. very mean...
Gourami should be fine if you stick with the salt dosage Colin describes in that thread :)

It's more scaleless fish that are sensitive, like khuli loaches, cories, botia etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back