Black Phantom - outcast

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
One of my twelve Black Phantoms appears to have been pushed out of the group and when he isn't being chased, hangs out in the corner looking decidedly stressed. Is this just the way it is with these? I'm guessing having some females would help?

Could the fish be sick? Ive heard some reports of fish behaving like birds in the sense that a member of the group that is weak/Ill gets pushed out and "left to die". I don't know if that is characteristic to tetras though

Could the fish be sick? Ive heard some reports of fish behaving like birds in the sense that a member of the group that is weak/Ill gets pushed out and "left to die". I don't know if that is characteristic to tetras though
Yeh I think that's a possibility, he's eating ok - i put food close to him so he's not having to fight for it. Tank is doing ok water parameter-wise so, perhaps he's the dodgy one of the dozen I bought :/
Just didn't know if there always has to be one at bottom of the hierarchy that gets pushed out?

He's being picked on by the other more dominant males. If the tank was bigger he would have room for his own territory but currently there are too many roosters in the hen house. Find a new home for him or get a bigger tank for them all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back