Black neon possibly with eggs?

Asteria

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So i got 6 black neons about a week ago. They are of decent size, possibly fully grown.
I noticed they were all quite plump looking so i didnt initially feed them for the first two days as i thought they may have been over fed.
However i have noticed one is still plump looking. (the rest aren't so fat now)
Is it possible I've bought a neon thats got eggs?

I have a video. As they are so active its hard to take a photo

MOV_0130_000014.jpg

Tetras like most fish will eat so long as food is present, so it is important not to overfeed. But aside from that, females are rounder than males, and when seen together this is usually easy to see. The female will always be round, if in good health. Whether or not she is carrying eggs is difficult to say; with most tetras I have never been able to discern this, though most of mine are spawning regularly.

Byron.

I roughly know how to gender tetra.
I have 4 females and 2 males.
The one i think is looking very rounded is definitely a female and more round looking than the other 3, whom i believe to be females. Which is why i thought perhaps shes carrying eggs.
I try not to over feed my fish and perbaps feed them 3 times a week as i have plenty of plants. And when i do feed them i feed in small doses across the tank to make sure all fish eat and none sink to the bottom

I cant seem to upload a video though

Most reactions

trending

Back