FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ashwate20

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a Black Moor Goldfish. I was wondering what size of tank would be best and if a filter would be needed? At first I was thinking a 5 gallon tank with an air stone, but I’ve seen several people saying they must have a 20 gallon at least? Would a 10 gallon tank be big enough? Also do goldfish need a fellow tank mate? Any advice would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• 6FB182C8-3529-4319-A5CF-E5A27F71F3DB.jpeg
    6FB182C8-3529-4319-A5CF-E5A27F71F3DB.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 101
I am thinking about getting a Black Moor Goldfish. I was wondering what size of tank would be best and if a filter would be needed? At first I was thinking a 5 gallon tank with an air stone, but I’ve seen several people saying they must have a 20 gallon at least? Would a 10 gallon tank be big enough? Also do goldfish need a fellow tank mate? Any advice would be appreciated :)
no, get a 150 gallon because they need at least id say a 100 gallon and 25 more for another one? im not a master on goldfish, sorry. maybe @Deanasue can help

One needs a 20G with an additional 10G for each additional one. My black moor’s are now over 8” long. I keep 2 in a 75G tank. You definitely need a good filter because they have huge bio loads. Their poop looks like an earth worm coming out. If you live in an area with mild winters and a climate controlled house, you can do without a heater. They prefer 70-72F water.

One needs a 20G with an additional 10G for each additional one. My black moor’s are now over 8” long. I keep 2 in a 75G tank. You definitely need a good filter because they have huge bio loads. Their poop looks like an earth worm coming out. If you live in an area with mild winters and a climate controlled house, you can do without a heater. They prefer 70-72F water.
oof i was just saying general goildfish information sorry

No problem...you were right for single tail goldies. :)
So would a 20 gallon be okay for a “normal” goldfish then? I don’t have enough room at my house for a tank bigger than 20 gallons. I love goldfish but I want to make sure I give them proper living conditions :) also are there any more unique looking single tail goldfish that you know of?

So would a 20 gallon be okay for a “normal” goldfish then? I don’t have enough room at my house for a tank bigger than 20 gallons. I love goldfish but I want to make sure I give them proper living conditions :) also are there any more unique looking single tail goldfish that you know of?
Nah like i sead earlier a normal goldsifh like the carnival comet ones that look like koi fish need a huuuge tank. Simeof them have cool tails but arent really unique. I personally like ranchu goldish theyre so cuuute

Ranchus are small goldsifh that are cubish and have a lion head. They can live in a smallER tank but i dint know exactly

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back