Black Molly Gave Birth?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TheSims3Dude

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I put my black molly in the hospital tank last night, she was doing fine and everything but looked really square. I noticed when I got up this morning she was skinner (still big but not like last night) and she still has the white tube thing near her anal fin... But NO babies whatsoever, did she have them when I was sleeping and ate them all? I was feeding her enough food, or did she reabsorb them? I heard they could do that.... Anyone know what's going on? Anyways, I put her back in the normal tank (20 Gallon) with the other fish, but the male molly looks like he's trying to mate with her or something, he keeps pecking at that white tube.. BTW the tube was brownish black last night..... now it's white again.... I'm so confused... :/ :/

Does your hospital tank have a filter? Check that. I found several live fry 3 days after one of my guppies dropped.

Yup, I have a sponge filter though, can they still get sucked up?

EDIT: I checked a while ago before I went out and there are no babies at all.... I still don't get what happend, She looks big still and has that white tube thing.... it's black in the middle.... -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back