Black Molly, Can Anyone Tell From These Pics If She Maybe Pregnant

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi all these are the best pics i could get, what do you think, do any of them have pregnant bellies or just about to drop bellies lol, :)
006.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

They look pregnant but got a little wait yet from my guessing.
7-10 days and they should be very close to giving birth.

Good luck ;)

The one on the right looks more squared off then the one on the left I would say she would be the closest to delivery. The one on the left looks like shes got a ways to go. Look for that white birthing tube very easy to see on the black mollys. keep track of when they deliver. my black molly gave birth on feb. 25th and shes starting to square off again. keep us posted.

The one in the background in the first picture and on the right in the other two is getting close to a drop of fry. The other female is at least a couple of weeks from her next drop. .Since both are in a tank with a male, there is no question about them expecting fry, the only question is how long.

wow thanks for the replies, let the waiting game begin, will keep you posted as to when she has them im so excited its been a long time since ive had molly fry, thanks again people :)

well the lucky guy wasnt so lucky he unfortunatly died about 3 days after this pic :( was so upset and now to find one of pregnant girlies has white spot, so need to treat that tomorrow and hope i have caught it in time, not having much luck at the mo :(

The one in the background in the first picture and on the right in the other two is getting close to a drop of fry. The other female is at least a couple of weeks from her next drop. .Since both are in a tank with a male, there is no question about them expecting fry, the only question is how long.
im definitely not one to challenge mod, especially one so experienced in this field but...
to me they all seem like they have 1-2 weeks left

I think you may be missing this point FWFishLover. Look at LM's post, the one with the arrows pointing, the squared off shape of the female on the right is far more dramatic than the rounded shape of the female on the left. That means the fish on the right is closer to a drop than the one on the left. Both are indeed about the same size, but shape matters while size is much less meaningful, at least with mollies. The thread that I posting some time ago, the one I link to in my signature under a label of My Molly's progress, tries to bring that out clearly using pictures.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back