Black Kuhlies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My lfs just got a ton of them in and they're very interesting,but they're at least 3 times the size of my striped kuhlies. They're huge and very active (or so it appears) Should I get some? :hyper:

They'd go in the 42 with the other wormy loaches :lol: I can't help but wonder how aggressive they are though :huh: or are they just opposite :unsure:

Gettim gurlie!!!! I have seen them too! They are beautiful! :wub:

OK!!! :hyper: You talked me into it! (see how easy I am?!?!)

How many should I get? 6?

I saw black kuhlliis at a store too, just got em' in but they're quite small now. Get them in bunches - the more the merrier and better! 6 is good btw. Depending on your tank size you can go for even more.

Black Kuhliis, Black Kuhliis...

are they dark brown, with longer faces than normal Kuhliis, and just generally thicker in body and fins?

if so, i've got two, they school with the rest of the Kuhliis and like to bury themselves in things ^^ very cute, very active, very personable little fishies once they get used to the lighting. it takes a bit longer than for normal Kuhliis, and they like to get away from like, so make sure you've got a nice dark cave or some overshadowing plants for them.

Yeah, I have a black kulhi that I rescued from an un-looked after tank...he is CRAZY....and thats what i called him..he's forever zipping round the tank...cat loves him, she hasn't seemed to work out that trying to bite him through the tank doesn't work!! :sly:

hahaha i dont think cats ever learn... i got two my male aint interested but my female goes wild at the tank its taken me goin as far as puttin selotape around the bottom of the tank cause shes plucking the polostyrene from under the tank :/ daft thing

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back