Black guppy baby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Minxnfella

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya
I've just got some babies and one of them is black/very dark as opposed to white. Is this a problem? Does it show illness or anything, or is it just fluke?? Any help would be appreciated, I'm all puzzled.
Ta

Hey Minx,

You can get lots of different colour forms in one brood but you won't really be able to tell untill they get a bit bigger...and if they survive... -_-

...let us know

:)

Will do.
The new ones are in with the older ones who are a month old tomorrow. When do they start to get their colours? And, when should I be able to tell what sex they are?? Apart from some differences in size there's nothing else at the moment.
Cheers

Dont worry, i've had many deformities, even heads with no back half of a body! Anyway,.....black fry are quite common for me. They usually do not grow up to long before growing. The only ones that i have successfully grown were stunted and had a hump back. Although they dont live too long, there are some benefits. The dark colour usually comes from a "bug" in the colouring. This has led me to having the most adorable fry. At 3 months, it was 1" long and the WHOLE body was redish pink, literally. It was cool.
So the bottom line is, dont worry, the black fry is normal(i guess) and have fun with your "special" little fry! ;)

When they are about 1 " they will colour up and you can be able to sex them :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back