Black Ghost Knife

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
im off to my LFS for a baby BGK.
he/she is about 3-4 inche3s long and is cute as can be!
ill get some pics asap.

do you think at that size hes/shes gonna eat my tetras?
i not worried about him/her eating my fish too much since hes geting his/her own tank soon and its a bit hard to find baby BGKs around here.

i almost had a BGK and tank not too long ago but after seeing the condition of the fish i thought it best to leave it there. i want a healty one and note one i have to nurse back to health.

got him :D !!
im a bit worried about how he swims tho.......
is it normal for these guys to swim backwards and ocasanly on its side?when he swims on his side it looks like hes exploring around the base of rocks and such.

i thnk its normal but i havent seen anyone comment about this before.

he seems happy with his new castle... he spent about an hour going threw each opening in every different direction trying to get his bearings..... i think im gonna name him Stevie Wonder for obvious resons.

hes the funniest fish ive ever seen!! :D
he wil fly acros the tank and do a barel roll then go strait up to the top of the tank, then stop right befor the top and then haul ass backwards twords his castle.

Yeah, it's normal.. but you may want to start watching out for your tetras... these guys have HUGE mouths. Mine swims bakwards most of the time! :hyper:

hes got a new home comeing soon.... well teh comunityhas a new home coming hes stayng in my current setup.
i think this is the coolest fish ive ever keept.
he sleeps upsidedown wedged between a fue rocks even tho he has glass jars all around.
i got to see him hunt lastnight and it was verry impresive. he wold shoot strait up to the top and catch a fry before the fry even knew what the heck was happening.

mine swims whatever way he wants, upside down a fair amount too.

Mine has associated the lights going off with feeding time. So as soon as the lights go off he is at the surface "flying" back and forth waiting for me to put in some food. When he does this he is at about a 45 degree angle, mouth to the surface, inverted (stomach side up). He'll spend a few minutes zippng back and forth if I let him. so cool.

yeah they swim all crazy they really kool. But they are blind actualy they use sonar like a bat to navigate just remember they are nocturnal and will only get to really see him at night.

dj, what size tank is it in? I see in your profile that you only have a 10 and a 55 gallon, and neither have it listed....Also, what are the tank-mates? Does anyone know how big these will grow?
Sean

Final Dynazty said:
yeah they swim all crazy they really kool. But they are blind actualy they use sonar like a bat to navigate just remember they are nocturnal and will only get to really see him at night.
bgk in the correct environment are out at all hours of the day and night.
Heavy planting,some floating plants and rocks (not crapy tube) caves will work wonders in your bgk tank.I've never had one that wasn't active during the day.

Sean_Buckley said:
dj, what size tank is it in? I see in your profile that you only have a 10 and a 55 gallon, and neither have it listed....Also, what are the tank-mates? Does anyone know how big these will grow?
Sean
i have 2 55g tanks now and he has his own. hes only like 5-6 inches so hes got plenty of room for now but i have the ability to upgrade in the future.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back