Black Ghost Knife Fish

richardnorris

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just noticed a small tan/white patch on one side of my BGK its about 4mm across, the fish is about 8" long, does anyone have any idea what it could be? I know I haven't given much info, but its quite difficult to describe, I suppose the best analogy is imagine someone had rubbed a crayon against him. What diseases are BGKs susceptable to? I know they don't tolerate medications very well.

I hope that makes some sort of sense, I'm not sure it does to me.

Thanks

Richard

Is he flicking or rubbing? Is he eating okay? Tank size, tank mates, water stats plz. Maybe try posting this in the emergency section. Any pics?

Ryan

Hi,

Thanks for the replys. He seems to be behaving normally and eating normally as far as I can tell. He is about 7" long. His tank is 4' x 1' x 1' and shares it with 2 dwarf gouramies, 2 angel fish and 3 hoplo cats.

Stats are:

PH 7
Ammonia = 0 ppm
Nitrite = 0 ppm
Nitrate ~ 20 ppm

I have taken a photo, which isn't that clear and will post as soon as I figure out how to post images.

Cheers

Richard

Just use the image tags

[.img]http://www...path to file[/img]

remove the "." from the first img tags

Tried that just getting "Sorry, dynamic pages in

Ahh sussed it.

BGK.jpg

As I say it isn't that clear, my digital camera isn't teh best at close up pictures, I was also concerned with stressing him out too much, he didn't seem to want to show me that side.

Thanks.

Richard

could it just be a graze or something as they have smooth skin BGK's

Yup, mine had something like that a while ago. No other symptoms, and it went away in a few days. I wouldn't worry.

Ryan

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back