April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Juliak

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2" black ghost knife fish. As of right now, he is in a 60 gallon aquarium with my 2 Senegal bichirs (3-4"), 2 rope fish (12"), 2 giant danios (2"), 1 dojo loach (5"), and 3 adult bronze corys. Most of the fish in this tank (bichirs, rope fish, and BGK fish are very calm and lounge around/hideout most of the time other than the occasional swim around the tank). It is not crowded (do-to the BGK and bichirs still being babies, Would a 120 gallon work (I'm planning on getting one shortly possibly in a few weeks to a few months depending on how fast they grow). I can't get anything over 48" long due to space so I think a 120g would be the best. Would this be okay in the long run (for life), or would I have to re-home the BGK after some time? (I'm a freshman so I live with my parents and am limited to only my room pet/space-wise).

Also I have been feeding them frozen bloodworms, sinking cichlid pellets, sinking algae wafers, betta food (for the danios, just to mix it up), and earthworms. And am planning on trying frozen beefheart, ghost shrimp (I'm forming a colony now), blue Moscow guppies (also in the breeding process), and blanched spinach or cucumber:).

Any suggestions and responses will be greatly appreciated, Thank you all so much! :lol::fish:

I recently bought a 2" black ghost knife fish. As of right now, he is in a 60 gallon aquarium with my 2 Senegal bichirs (3-4"), 2 rope fish (12"), 2 giant danios (2"), 1 dojo loach (5"), and 3 adult bronze corys. Most of the fish in this tank (bichirs, rope fish, and BGK fish are very calm and lounge around/hideout most of the time other than the occasional swim around the tank). It is not crowded (do-to the BGK and bichirs still being babies, Would a 120 gallon work (I'm planning on getting one shortly possibly in a few weeks to a few months depending on how fast they grow). I can't get anything over 48" long due to space so I think a 120g would be the best. Would this be okay in the long run (for life), or would I have to re-home the BGK after some time? (I'm a freshman so I live with my parents and am limited to only my room pet/space-wise).

Also I have been feeding them frozen bloodworms, sinking cichlid pellets, sinking algae wafers, betta food (for the danios, just to mix it up), and earthworms. And am planning on trying frozen beefheart, ghost shrimp (I'm forming a colony now), blue Moscow guppies (also in the breeding process), and blanched spinach or cucumber:).

Any suggestions and responses will be greatly appreciated, Thank you all so much! :lol::fish:
4ft isnā€™t enough for the fish in my opinion they can grow like 40-50 cm nearly 20inches , a good rule to go by is a tank to be 6x longer than the fish and twice as wide , ignored sometimes as I had a foot long pleco in a 5ft tank but was rescued from a 2ft , Iā€™d say your max fish size is 10-11 inches to be honest

Okay, so you'd suggest I rehome him when he gets to the 10" mark, correct? Also, how long do you think it might take the BGK to get to that size? Thank you

Okay, so you'd suggest I rehome him when he gets to the 10" mark, correct? Also, how long do you think it might take the BGK to get to that size? Thank you
Not too sure a fish of that size Iā€™m guessing it could be a foot long in 10months , I mean if you didnā€™t get the 120g you may be able to keep the fish depending on the dimensions and the fish itself but if your restricted to a 4ft in length Iā€™d say the 12inch mark would be a good time to rehome or upgrade

Okay, I appreciate the information, I can plan a little easier knowing about how long it takes for him to grow and what size tank he can/can't stay in. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back