Bitten the Bullet on Plants

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
@Wills

Seems my bulbs are making a takeover bid in the 29......and doing brilliant Triffid impersonations (much to the delight of my Emperors who play kiss chase all day)

IMG_20230220_131734_resized_20230220_011812804.jpg

Looks absolutely brilliant! Very jealous I can never get bulbs to grow. Have you ever tried any of the other bulbs like Crinums and Apomnegetion (probably spelt wrong sorry...)?

Your Emperors look amazing as well really chunky!

Wills

Looks absolutely brilliant! Very jealous I can never get bulbs to grow. Have you ever tried any of the other bulbs like Crinums and Apomnegetion (probably spelt wrong sorry...)?

Your Emperors look amazing as well really chunky!

Wills
Thanks.

The tall flowy ones at the very back (behind the artificial and leaves floating) are Aponogeton Ulvaceus and Aponogeton longiplumulosis @Wills (The Tiger Lotus is shooting well too)

All my bulbs come from ProShrimp...not had a bad one yet, I just drop them onto the substrate and the fish kick them about a bit before they get going

The Emperors are doing very well...as are the Panda Cories & Panda Apisto too. All very healthy from Aquatics To Your Door.

Unless it's a light Bulb I don't have much luck.

;)
Perhaps its cos I don't use any chemicals is why bulbs thrive for me...no conditioners or any additives, just Buxton bottled water and nowt else

my only advice in the long run...root tabs..
it'll make your life so much easier
I love marimo balls but they're so expensive in canada...
they used to be 5-10$ in stores...because they're illegal now you can only buy it from other people that still have them and they go for 50$ for a full size ball which is a bit insane

my only advice in the long run...root tabs..
it'll make your life so much easier
I love marimo balls but they're so expensive in canada...
they used to be 5-10$ in stores...because they're illegal now you can only buy it from other people that still have them and they go for 50$ for a full size ball which is a bit insane
Never used fertiliser of any kind with the bulbs....they are the only green thing that I seem to get on with (apart from Hornwort which is also mounting a takeover bid in the 29 and part of which will be transferred to the 53 next water change)

The stuff bought when I got the ill fated and horrible Anubias at the start of this thread has been used on two Parlour Palms and as a result both had a growth spurt.

Another two weeks later and I have a full on kelp forest impersonation going on from the Apongeton and Tiger Lotus bulbs.....no fertilisers or any other additives....just fish poo.

IMG_20230303_090900_resized_20230303_090927082.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back