Biting bettas!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

JAYJT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Cant remember what post it was on as im writing this off line at work but I read that a betta had bitten someone ! Is this true? Do they usually bite people?!?!?!?
Iā€™m still going to get one just interested if this is true or not has anyone else been bitten?

Ps Iā€™m not calling the person a liar who wrote this! I just find it really funny. :p :p

I like to feed my bettas by hand. I will hold one bloodworm on the tip of my finger and dangle it just above the surface of the water. All of my bettas, but one, jump out of the water to grab the worms. I have one female who often latches onto my finger so hard that I have to shake her off. :rolleyes: They're little tuffies, and if I touched the tip of my finger to the surface of the water, most of them would bite me, without a doubt. :nod:

I also handfeed and they do like to latch on, but it doesn't hurt, it just feels freaky :kira:

Oh yeah! I guess I should have said that... it doesn't hurt at all.. but it does startle you and feel... weird. :look:

JAYJT said:
Cant remember what post it was on as im writing this off line at work but I read that a betta had bitten someone ! Is this true? Do they usually bite people?!?!?!?
Iā€™m still going to get one just interested if this is true or not has anyone else been bitten?

Ps Iā€™m not calling the person a liar who wrote this! I just find it really funny. :p :p
my friends betta used to jump out the water to bite his finger, this is not usual though

I HAVE to get me one of these baddies!!! Kirsten is always telling me about hers when they do that and I want one! This is too cool. :wub:

Innes said:
my friends betta used to jump out the water to bite his finger, this is not usual though
I have a male who does that, mine is really looking for food but it's a riot to see the entire top half of his body pop out of the water :lol: . When I'm feeding the female who lives next to him I'll look over at his side and he's just popping in and out of the water & peeking over the divider,whatta goofball :rolleyes:

My Betta does that, too :lol:. The first time I got a bit freaked out. Now he does it every time I hand feed him FD blood worms :).

Most reactions

trending

Back