Bit of advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tetra&bettakeeper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Its been a while since my last post here I have been very busy and aslo dealing with health issues & employment stuff.

I recently added some shrimp to my whit cloud minnow tank 3 big ones and 3 little ones. (The white clouds are fine and not focus of thread)

Anyway my biggest one moulted overnight and it seems little shy now and not hugely active is that normal for a newly moulted shrimp. Last time had shrimp sadly betta ate them 😢 the minnow don't bother the shrimp they leave them alone and do their own thing

Picture of setup and the shrimp molt

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_105907.jpg
    IMG_20220518_105907.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220518_103237.jpg
    IMG_20220518_103237.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi yes perfectly normal, their shells are a bit soft after the shed so they know they are a bit more susceptible to predators etc so they hide for a few days until it hardens up again.

Wills

Hi yes perfectly normal, their shells are a bit soft after the shed so they know they are a bit more susceptible to predators etc so they hide for a few days until it hardens up again.

Wills
Thanks that's a relief 🙂

They do the same in the wild, both FW and SW, crustaceans are very vulnerable (and deliciously tender) right after a molt

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back