Birds Spotted Near Your House

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wow, you are very lucky!
http://www.agneskleinjan.com/details.php?image_id=66 is a long tailed tit, which we have got for the first time this year :good:

We get Black birds
coal, long tail and blue tits sometimes great tits.
Robins
Jays
Dunnocks
occasionally
bullfinch
Greenfinch
thrushes (not song but the other ones can't remember name)
Too many Magpies
I hear starlings (quite entertaining lol) and sometimes owls but rarely see them!

Quite an old thread but still relevant. Seeing the posts by William & nmonks about mallard ducks brings back memories of Mother's Day weekend about 7 or 8 years ago. My wife and I came home from playing golf on Saturday before Mother's Day and there was a female mallard duck sitting on the ground unter our porch swing. We live next door to my parents and they said they were out in the yard that morning and the duck walked out of the woods behind the house and walked all the way to the house (about 200 ft), quacking all the way.

My dad opened the gate to their back yard and kind of herded it through the gate. It got in their goldfish pond and started swimming around. Over the rest of the day and Mother's Day Sunday, it was back and forth from their back yard to our back yard (also a goldfish pond). We fed it cat food (obviously, didn't have any duck food). It seemed happy as could be. It was in my parents pond late Sunday evening. Monday morning, my dad went out in the back yard and he said it flew off out of the pond and up over the trees out of site.

What was kind of odd about the whole deal is that our last name is Duckworth and we always called my dad's mom (had passed away several years before) "Granny Duck". So mom and dad decided that this was just Granny Duck coming to visit us for Mother's Day weekend.

Ok so I've not managed to capture the most exotic birds here on the North east coast of Scotland but these are some of my favourite bird photos I thought I could share

So here is a young Scurry (seagull) :
scurry.jpg

At the same time there was a seal casually enjoying a bit of fish guts thrown overboard in the harbour:
seal.jpg

So the Scurry thinks to himself "I'll be having some of that" :
scurry1.jpg

I was quite shocked that the bird actually got the food out the seals mouth :
scurry2.jpg

And off he goes with the winnings :
scurry3.jpg

I jumped out the car over a road and into a field to catch this shot of a pheasant:
pheasant.jpg

I have no idea what this little fella is but we don't get them here very often and Im curious if anyone can tell me what he is:
unknownlittlefella.jpg

we have red throated divers or something in my garden sometimes, my birdwatching friend tells me [he worships it :blink: ]

No really interesting birds here. :( Just pigeons, doves, and some seagulls that found their way up the Hudson River. There used to be swans when I was little, but they are all gone now... :unsure: Once every few years you will see a hummingbird. :)

I get mostly pigeons, crows, starlings, sparrows and seagulls...rock n roll!

A few from our feeders and trees...

IMGP4471-1.jpg

long tailed tit

IMGP4057-1.jpg

green finch

IMGP4397-1.jpg

one of many blue tits

IMGP37862-1.jpg

coal tit, i think

IMGP3761-1.jpg

great tit

IMGP4092.jpg

gold finch..get small flocks of these but very hard to get a snap as they fly off when approached

IMGP5563-1.jpg

these guys are in the field behind us and are a real pest when plants are budding in spring

The only birds i see in my garden are pigeons pigeons pigeons and more pigeons although we occasionally get a couple of sparrows too lol :hyper:

All I see around my house are mockingbirds, bluejays in the fall, and a few sparrows. If I travel a few miles I can see ducks, seagulls, and pelicans.

hi, i don't normally post in this section, but for the past few weeks, at about 3pm, hundreds of crows fly past my house. i'm guessing they go out in the morning, and then come back to roost on a night. i'll try and get some pics soon, probably next weekend because i only see them in the holidays and weekends as i'm at school. but its really impressive. i don't like crows, because they eat so many little songbirds. once one of my rottweilers, Decka caught a juvenile crow, and killed it. its parents went mad, dive bombing her, until we chased them off. i would have shot them, but because they were moving so quickly, and so close to Decka, i didn't risk it.

anyway, i'll try and post some pics soon :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back