Birdie Hotel... Customers Are Demanding!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow... That butcher bird has a very bright red!! That color will easily make a bird of prey spot him.. But the secret seems to be it's back coloration which makes it look like a rock or a stone from above!

Those are awesome pics!! Maybe I'll try to do the same! I saw some bird feeders in the pet store a while ago!!
I'll try to get one!

A little update of newly spotted birds.....

I think it is a Spotted Thrush.... I previously showed the Olive Trush
GENERAL004.jpg

GENERAL005.jpg

GENERAL003.jpg

GENERAL002.jpg

This is what I know as a "Katlagter".... Laughing at cats....
GENERAL007.jpg

This Spotted Thrush was “spotted” (Pun intended) in my garden this afternoon….

000_0016_1.jpg

000_0026.jpg

000_0027.jpg

Very pretty, what is the difference between the spotted thrush and the mistle thrush that we have in the uk, do you know Lud?

Very pretty, what is the difference between the spotted thrush and the mistle thrush that we have in the uk, do you know Lud?

Very little difference Seff, but from what I can see..... Your "Mistle" does not have the black line through the eye.... Other than that,.... I see no difference.

I always get confused with just our own thrush species seffie lol
I cant tell a song thrush from a mistle unless I have both to compare from at the same time :D

Very nice pics Lud the "katlagter" looks very much like another thrush species as well just by its tail posture and what it is doing haha I like seeing your pictures as often we have representatives of the genus your showing us over here, Good old blighty hey Seffie ours are always the duller versions (plumage wise)

Regards

Myrtle, the bush dove breeding on top of my outside geyser, sharing the bird feeder with some Yellow Finches……

100_0347.jpg

If you recall the red breasted Butcher bird….. This is the standard butcher bird – Seen in the garden today.
100_0355.jpg

100_0363.jpg

It's been some time since I posted on this topic of mine, but the Hoop-Hoop seen in my garden today made me search for the topic and add to my collection.....

This is the Hoop-Hoop seen today:
100_2415.jpg

And another photo:
100_2409.jpg

And then another (actually) nuisance bird, which I assume appears world wide is the Indian Mynah:
100_2430.jpg

imgcory058.jpg

I know its not the best photo but it was so funny to see, our cat Spook went to great pains using all available cover to sneak up on the cockatoo on the feeder. The cockatoo knew she was there the whole time and just kept feeding. Finally Spook got to underneath the feeder looked up and realised her eyes where bigger then her belly and the cockatoo was more than she could handle, so she meowed at it and snobishly walked back to the house pretending she had never intended to catch the cockatoo anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back