Bioload / pollution Bristlenoses

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I thought 'bioload' refers to all of the organic waste produced, including the fibres and other less-easily digestible materials? The majority of this isn't protein, surely?
But stockingswise I'd say the vibers etc... are less important than the nitrogyn-compounds.

Anything that breaks down in the aquarium water will produce ammonia and eventually be turned into nitrates.

Compared to other fishes their size, bristlenose catfish produce way more waste than other types of fish.

Anything that breaks down in the aquarium water will produce ammonia and eventually be turned into nitrates.

Compared to other fishes their size, bristlenose catfish produce way more waste than other types of fish.
Isn't there a lot of stuff that misses the N-molecule to proeuce ammonia Colin ?

Yeah that is telling everyone but I don't understand why / isn't my experience.

If the pleco is eating wood and algae and other stuff that other fish would just leave there with the nitrogen fixed as protein, then it will cause extra ammonia.

But surely if it is not the nitrogen coming out will be the same as that going in?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back