Bio Rings

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Coolysd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Good Morning my fellow fish people! I purchased some Bio Rings and need some direction. Is there anything specific that I need to do to them before putting in the tank? I assume that I can just put them inside the filter is that correct? And how much? I have a 75gal tank with an Aqueon Quietflow 75. Hope y'all have a great day!! As always, thank you for your expertise! 😁

Good Morning my fellow fish people! I purchased some Bio Rings and need some direction. Is there anything specific that I need to do to them before putting in the tank? I assume that I can just put them inside the filter is that correct? And how much? I have a 75gal tank with an Aqueon Quietflow 75. Hope y'all have a great day!! As always, thank you for your expertise! 😁
Just rinse then to remove the dust and put them in with your other filter media. Also, do you have a mesh bag to put them in? I wouldn't just toss them in without one. Nightmare to clean then lol

Just rinse then to remove the dust and put them in with your other filter media. Also, do you have a mesh bag to put them in? I wouldn't just toss them in without one. Nightmare to clean then lol
Yes they came with them. I have 6lbs in six bags.

Attachments

• 16644663886999069685127215250886.jpg
    16644663886999069685127215250886.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 15
Yes they came with them. I have 6lbs in six bags.
Ah ok. That's great!
You should just be able to give it a quick rinse and put it in the tank. It will take a while for beneficial bacteria to colonize but it'll get there!
Are there any fish in the tank as of now?

Unfortunately yes (per pet shop guy) 😕 This was before I found y'all. However, on 9/24 I thought it was cycled due to the following parameters: AMON 0, NITRITE 0, NITRATE 5, PH 7.2, TEMP 76°. However, the next day the AMON was 1 and has stayed there until this morning, now it's at .5. I have done 2 50% wc and will do another one today, but I was so bummed when it spiked up. Anything else I can do? Thanks you!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929_091423.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929_091423.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
What kind of test kit and water conditioner do you use?

My suggestion would be to get the API liquid test kit for fresh water.
Very accurate.
Just keep doing large water changes of OVER 50% anytime ammonia or nitrites go over 0. Once it levels out you'll just be doing your normal weekly water changes

I have the API Master kit and have been using the API tap water conditioner. I stopped using Prime and Stability per recommendations from folks in this forum. Besides the bio rings, I just received cut to fit sponge and some filter floss that was also recommended here. I just want my babies to be healthy and happy. I also can't wait to be able to stock more fishies. Thanks again for all the help!!

I have the API Master kit and have been using the API tap water conditioner. I stopped using Prime and Stability per recommendations from folks in this forum. Besides the bio rings, I just received cut to fit sponge and some filter floss that was also recommended here. I just want my babies to be healthy and happy. I also can't wait to be able to stock more fishies. Thanks again for all the help!!
That's good. What water conditioner are you using now though? If your water has a readout of ammonia I would recommend sticking with prime if not then get a different one

The API tap water conditioner is what I'm currently using. And yes, there is ammonia in my tap water so I should go back to using Prime? I also have the API AmmoLock. Should I use that too? It's amazing (and a little overwhelming) how many different products are available and even more differences in opinions/preferences. 🤦🏼‍♀️😳🧐😆

The API tap water conditioner is what I'm currently using. And yes, there is ammonia in my tap water so I should go back to using Prime? I also have the API AmmoLock. Should I use that too? It's amazing (and a little overwhelming) how many different products are available and even more differences in opinions/preferences. 🤦🏼‍♀️😳🧐😆
Prime is ok but the company doesn't release it's "secret formula"... API aqua essentials is what I have. It does the same thing. My suggestion would be to use up the rest of prime and then switch to the one I mentioned above

Prime is ok but the company doesn't release it's "secret formula"... API aqua essentials is what I have. It does the same thing. My suggestion would be to use up the rest of prime and then switch to the one I mentioned above
Okay so I just added the API Essentials along with 2 lbs of bio rings. 🤞😁

Attachments

• 16645019886014873387129026474239.jpg
    16645019886014873387129026474239.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 18

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back